Our 2.5 year old class is the perfect way to introduce school to your child in a fun way! Our play-based preschool program will provide the socialization children at this age crave and start showing them how to follow a routine! By Spring 2024, you will see them starting to take on small jobs in the classroom and easily following the school day routine.
Our 2.5 class starts on October 3, 2023 and is on Tuesdays & Thursdays from 9am-11am. We also hope to have a Spring class for those that are not 2.5 years old by October 1st on Mondays/Wednesdays, if there is enough interest.
Main reasons to send your 2.5 year old to school before turning 3 years old include:
- He/she seems eager to learn new things and explore
- He/she isn't getting enough stimulation at home or daycare
- He/she seems ready to broaden his social horizons and interact with other children
This means that chances are it's the perfect time to start school.
What is the 2.5 year old program?
This class is designed primarily as a structured playgroup for the children. Daily activities include art, story, circle time, songs/finger plays and free play. The class provides an opportunity for socialization with other children and a short separation from Mom and/or Dad. The 2+ Program is for 2 1/2 to 3 year-olds and meets two days a week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00 am - 11:00 am. Children must be 2 1/2 years old by October 1 and potty trained or almost potty trained. Children may be accepted after October 1st once they turn 2.5 years old based on class enrollment. *The 2+ program begins the first week of October, and is limited to 15 students. Why should I consider sending my 2.5 year old to Greenwich Nursery School?- We have been providing high-quality play-based learning and care for 49 years!
- Socialization through play - Introducing new gross motor skills and concepts - Small classes with one-on-one attention for each student to fit their needs
How can I prepare my child for the transition to the 2.5 Class?
-We want each child's start of school to be as smooth as possible. Some children go right in, while others are more hesitant and/or have more anxiety. Parents know their child best, so here are some ideas of how to prepare them to start school. Please try to do these activities or ones like them for at least a month before starting school.
- Take them to library story time, so they can be in a group setting with other kids their
age, but parents are able to stay.
- Go to Tumble Time at Riegel Ridge Community Center in Milford, NJ
- Join a Mom's Club and participate in their events/activities.
I want to enroll my child, but what if my child has trouble transitioning to the 2.5 year old class?
- We try to make the goodbyes as short as possible, but if necessary a parent can stay for part of the 1st class to see if that will make the transitioning easier. Typically, we will see the child starting to engage with the other kids and not rely as much on their parents. That is the perfect time for the parent to say a quick goodbye and step out of the room.
-If a child does not seem to be ready for a classroom setting, they may just not be ready to start quite yet. Please remember, a 2.5 year old is young and not all kids are ready for school at this age.
*If your child does not settle in after the 1st week, we will provide you a full tuition
refund. After the first week, we will pro-rate the tuition refund based on the number
Interested in a tour or more information?
Call 908-479-6886 or email email@example.com